Bernard Morgan House is located on the boundary between the Golden Lane Estate and the Barbican Estate. The building was completed in the 1960s and was used by the City of London Police until 2011.
The plans include:
Following the poll with the local community for the final name of the Bernard Morgan House redevelopment we are delighted to announce the chosen name as Clarendon Court.
As the chosen name, Clarendon Court will become the postal address for the new building and has been agreed with the City of London.
Following feedback from the local community we carried out a poll in May 2018 for the community to choose the final name for the completed development. Four names, with local historical connections, were chosen for residents to vote on which was their favourite.
Clarendon Court topped the poll and was chosen for its reference to an English typeface, created for the Fann Street Foundry in 1845. Clarendon was the first patented typeface and was invented by Robert Besley, who joined the Foundry in 1838 and became the Lord Mayor of London in 1869. Clarendon became one of the most popular and commonly used typefaces for much of the 19th and early 20th Centuries.
The address for the building will be in place as new residents start moving in upon completion of the construction works in 2020.
For urgent issues please contact the McAleer & Rushe site manager, Gary Cullen on 07767 161 006.
For all other matters please contact Cascade Communications:
Freephone: 08081 686 677
Public Consultation Cascade
26 Noel Street
Register to receive our weekly update emails